Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
At Mosaic, our mission is to make places people love and to make those places widely available. As a tech-enabled general contractor for the residential development industry, we partner with the nation's most innovative developers to transform how communities are created and delivered. Come build with us!
Mosaic is a strong fit for individuals who are passionate about solving the upstream challenges of homebuilding, and who thrive in cross-disciplinary teams of software developers, designers, and construction managers.
About this Opportunity:
The Construction Manager is responsible for managing all field operations on the project(s) assigned to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project while maintaining quality and protecting the Mosaic brand. The Construction Manager supervises the foreman & field labor force, including laborers.
The Construction Manager must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills as well as strong communication and client service skills. This position requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. The Construction Manager must be able to navigate the job site and must comply with all company safety requirements in the office and on the job site. Heavy equipment may be used, and he/she needs to be able to lift heavy objects.
This role is a great opportunity for a talented Construction Manager to join and grow with us!
*The Construction Manager is an onsite role.
*The Construction Manager must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Able to build a rapport and maintain customer satisfaction during the building process
- Possess the ability to supervise effectively at all levels & with a variety of personalities
- Tech savvy - able to pick up technical programs / software without difficulty
- Decisive, flexible & work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations or delays and in a very fast-paced environment
- Able to manage their time effectively, multi-task & prioritize to meet established goals & deadlines
- Able to motivate trade partners to perform at a high level of competency
- Able to establish good working relationships with a variety of people, including upper management, designers, sales, trade partners & customers
- Naturally adept at analyzing and resolving problems
- Organized, natural leaders with strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and persistent in follow up
- Innately disposed to a sense of urgency & effectiveness
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, implementation & coordination of quality-built homes from development through final construction on a timely & economical basis
- Interaction with the Land Development team to assure the lot is ready for a vertical build
- Involvement in managerial oversight of homes
- Overseeing the scheduling, delivery & use of materials, the quality of construction, worker productivity & compliance with building/safety codes
- Redlining of plans as necessary
- Maintain safe, clean, and compliant job sites
- Understand contracts, plans, construction methods & regulations
- Schedule and manage trade partner relationships to build homes on schedule and close on time
- Maintain communication between sales, construction, and the Homeowner throughout the build process
- Conduct Home Buyer meetings with customers
- Complete homes and all customers walk through items prior to closing
- Daily updating of Hypervision app
- Minimum of five years of industry related experience
- Minimum of 2 years home building management experience
- College or technical education desired
- OSHA certification preferred.
- Computer knowledge and efficiencyKnowledge of construction practices and terminology
- Able to read and understand blueprints and construction documents
- Knowledge of project management software programs (ITK/Marks)
- Broad understanding of industry
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read drawings and specifications
- Ability to always maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Delegates work appropriately
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Company Benefits: Mosaic offers a highly competitive salary, 401(K), medical dental, vision, and life insurance, unlimited PTO and a generous number of company holidays.
Company work-environment philosophy: Mosaic is a flex-first work environment, meaning some of the roles are worked primarily on a remote basis with some visibility to the corporate offices while others are worked physically in the corporate office or other such assigned in-person physical hub with some flexibility for occasional remote. These schedules are pre-designed and physical workspaces pre-determined based specifically on the position and visibility needs.
EEO StatementThe equal employment opportunity policy of this employer provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. This employer hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
See more open positions at Mosaic
Something looks off?