Director, Solutions Engineering
The Director of Solutions Engineering leads a team in support of acquisition of new Enterprise and SMB (non-strategic account) logos, pre-sales activities for the Channel Partnership team, and cross-sell & up-sell initiatives into existing Strategic Accounts. As the Director, you will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Solutions Engineering team. This includes setting goals, defining the team's vision, and aligning their efforts with the overall business objectives. You will be responsible for managing and developing a high-performing Solutions Engineering team. This involves hiring and onboarding new team members, providing coaching and mentoring, conducting performance evaluations, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive team culture. As a leader in the Solutions Engineering field, you will possess a deep understanding of the technical aspects of the organization's products or services. This expertise will enable you to guide and support the team in designing and delivering effective solutions to clients. The Director of Solutions Engineer collaborates with various departments, such as Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing, to ensure seamless integration and alignment of solutions. This involves effective communication, coordination, and collaboration with these teams to deliver successful outcomes. Desired outcomes include increased revenue from net-new business and channel partner opportunities, a shortened average sales cycle, decreased customer acquisition costs, as well as improved customer onboarding and implementation, reducing churn downstream.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead technical and business discussions with management team across engineering, marketing, product managers, customer success, sales, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence on people and on Measurabl’s product solutions.
- Advocate for Solutions Engineer: Represent the Solutions Engineer’s interests and concerns to the senior leadership team. This includes reporting on KPIs of the team’s charter.
- Effective technical skills, the ability to work under pressure, problem-solving skills, strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, commercial awareness, engineering skills, and teamwork abilities.
- Manage SE career development, headcount, and recruiting for the enterprise team.
- Partnering with others both internally and externally to exchange best and next practices, concepts, and technologies.
- Thoroughly understand all aspects of Measurabl’s product lines in order to explain the technology and services to all types of users
- Streamline internal stakeholder engagement by working cross functionally (Sales, Customer Success, Product Management, Field Operations, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line
- Work closely with prospects integration development, security, or other technical teams
- Coordinate with Customer Success, Professional Services Delivery and Field Technology and Operations teams to ensure a smooth handoff from sales or account management to the respective teams, ensuring we exceed customer expectations in deliverables and communications
- Collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Product Management and Engineering to learn how to sell our solutions and give feedback from the field
- Keep current on product releases and product roadmap features in order to provide guidance and training to current reps and new hires
- Maintain accurate CRM (HubSpot, Salesforce) accounts, contacts, and activities
- Participates in regular pipeline reviews with Senior Management to explain technicalities of deals and how it might affect sales cycle time
- Supports GTM projects when needed, which may include creation of pre and post-sales content to support GTM activities, participation during internal GTM training with internal teams
- Assist with the continuous improvement of Measurabl’s GTM and sales strategy, exploring ways to shorten sales cycles through process improvements and marketing efforts, and leveraging customer feedback data to identify trends that can inform new and existing product development
- Attend Industry Events and Tradeshows. Publically speak on relevant topics as requested.
- Travel (up to 30%) at times.
- Effective use of Google Suite products, Zoom, HubSpot, Slack, Gong, PandaDocs and other applications. Proficiency with Mac iOS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability: The ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Grit: The desire and willingness to go beyond expectations to meet goals and objectives and encourages the same in teammates. Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, decentralized environment.
- Communication: Clearly conveys detailed and complex information and ideas to various levels of management through a variety of media in a manner to help them understand and retain the messages. Ability to work and communicate effectively with others in a diverse, multiethnic and multicultural work environment.
- Create Vision: Ability to sell vision, create understanding in lead/ prospect’s mind about what we do and why it’s important, and ability to consultatively re-engineer a lead/ prospect’s vision when there is misalignment.
- Positive Interactions: Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication. Strong interpersonal skills (client-facing/interdepartmental) and clear communication style.
- Influence: The ability to bring one’s view across clearly without damaging the relationship with the other party
Education & Experience:
We have identified the following programs, experience, and knowledge that have helped others find success in this role at Measurabl. We understand though that knowledge comes from many forms of learning and experiences. Above all, we consider a person’s potential impact in the role and value their unique path to this point in their career.
- BA/BS degree in business, computer science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of SaaS enterprise software sales engineering or other relevant work experience.
- Commercial Real Estate, B2B, or Energy Sales experience preferred
- Proven sales experience as a Solution or Pre-Sales Engineer, or Technical Role in a SaaS organization
- Experience with security and privacy pertaining to SaaS systems.
- Understanding of API, FTP, SSO, and webhooks.
- Strong learning agility and desire to grow with the Company
- Experience using HubSpot desired but experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM applications strongly considered
- Strong computer skills: Proficient in Google Suite, Slack, HubSpot, Gong, PandaDocs, and Microsoft Office products preferred
- Experience monitoring and successfully achieving team objectives and key results
- A combination of professional or educational experience (whether formal or informal) that affords you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities above
- This position has supervisory responsibilities, team size may vary and grow
Perks and Benefits:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health and Dental Insurance + HSA options
- Pet Insurance
- Holiday Paid Time Off (Black Friday and Christmas Week Included)
- Matching 401k
- Amazing, Inclusive, Diverse, Relaxed Culture
- 100% Fully Remote
- Flexible Work Hours
- $800 office set up fund for new employees
- Monthly phone & internet reimbursement
- Stock options
- Bonus potential
- $154,987to $189,429+DOE plus commissions
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Measurabl, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.