Head of People
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles (i.e. heat pumps, EV chargers, etc.).
We are a quickly scaling team of 30 and primarily based in the Denver-Metro area, where we are headquartered. We also have remote teammates (non-field roles) who travel to Denver whenever possible for company events. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment and doing our part to create a more equitable world. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented and/or historically marginalized communities to apply.
About the Role
We are excited to add a Head of Talent to our team of 30! Reporting to the Founders, the Head of Talent will play a critical role in supporting the growth and development of Elephant Energy by identifying, attracting, and hiring top talent to meet our organizational goals. This position will collaborate closely with hiring managers to understand the specific needs of various departments and implement strategic recruitment plans that align with the company’s mission and values. This is a ‘full-stack’ role where you’ll own the entire end-to-end candidate sourcing, hiring, on-boarding process and a great opportunity to take on significant ownership of the direction of org.
- Talent Acquisition and Strategy Development
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies to attract a diverse pool of candidates.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify job requirements and desired candidate profiles.
- Utilize various recruitment platforms and tools to source candidates.
- Candidate Engagement and Interview Process
- Manage the full recruitment lifecycle, including initial candidate contact, interview coordination, and offer negotiations
- Create a positive candidate experience through timely communication and feedback.
- Conduct initial interviews to assess candidate fit and competency.
- Onboarding and Integration
- Facilitate the onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition for new hires.
- Collaborate with the HR team to integrate new hires successfully into the company culture.
- Reporting and Analytics
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date recruitment records and databases.
- Prepare reports on recruitment metrics and analytics to monitor the effectiveness of recruitment strategies.
- Continuous Improvement
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in recruitment.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to enhance recruitment knowledge and skills.
We’re looking for someone who has helped build a team from scratch, worked at a Series A-C startup, and has a background in climate/climate tech, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in people / recruiting, preferably in the energy sector.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency in using recruitment software and platforms.
- A proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
- Annual base salary of $100-$150K, commensurate with experience and in line with internal compensation bands
- Stock options, commensurate with experience and in line with internal equity bands
- Medical, dental insurance covered at 75% for employees
- 401k with 6% company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (vacation & wellness/illness)
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Headquartered in Broomfield, CO – remote friendly though strongly prefer Front-Range in Colorado for this role