HVAC Lead Installer - Denver Metro
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
The HVAC Lead Install will be responsible for building our internal capabilities and developing our installer-partners to deliver Heat Pump projects at scale in Colorado.
To succeed at Elephant Energy, you must be energetic, organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building and making things better. You embrace a team ethic and are capable of being self-directed to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
As an HVAC Lead Installer you will:
- Install and Commission residential Air Source Heat Pump systems – high quality, on-time, on-scope, and on-budget.
- Train Junior Installers while delivering on #1.
- Service and maintain air source heat pumps as needed.
- Help build and implement install and commissioning processes.
Requirements / About You
- General HVAC Installation Experience – At least 4 years installation experience. Residential retro-fit experience preferred.
- Some Experience in Heat Pump System Installation & Commissioning – Will perform high quality HVAC installation & commissioning work; Specifically – Mitsubishi Cold Climate / Hyper Heat Ducted and Ductless Systems.
- Experience with heat kits and lockout kits preferred
- Knowledgeable about Building Science and Home Comfort – You know and display a passion for improving home comfort through electrification. Experience with duct systems, humidification, smart thermostats, etc.
- Team Player – You want to help train an internal team.
- Process-Oriented – You want to follow and help build SOPs to improve the efficiency of our teams in the field.
- Continuous Improvement – You will provide input on how best to grow and scale our HVAC capabilities internally and with our installer-partners
- Digitally-Savvy – You will use our internal tools such as Slack, Pipedrive, Asana, Google Drive, etc.
- Fast Learner – You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities. You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- Passionate About Electrification – You’re passionate about impacting sustainable change in the future of energy via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- Make Us Better – You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have Experiences
- Familiarity with Mitsubishi’s Diamond System Builder
- NATE Certification
- Ability to do some residential service tech work if required
- Interest and ability to train our internal install team
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People driven culture
Guaranteed at least 30 hours of pay, a week
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Pay range $35-45 an hour
- Stock / Equity options.
Join the HERD now!
Fill out this form to apply. See you soon!