Project Manager - Boulder Area
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is building a home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. We’re looking for Project Managers to successfully deliver home comfort and electrification projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we sell and deploy home comfort and home electrification.
To succeed at Elephant Energy, you must be energetic, highly organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building projects in the real world and providing exceptional customer experiences. You will be accountable for the success of projects. As a primary representative of the company, you are professional and knowledgeable with strong verbal and written communication skills. You embrace a team ethic and are capable of being self-directed to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
- Oversee the successful delivery of home comfort and electrification projects – You are accountable for the entire project scope, the project team and resources, the project budget, and the success or failure of the project.
- Lead planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing out projects.
- Understand & articulate project goals, develop reasonable project schedules, coordinate scheduling with contractor partners, manage homeowner expectations, and keep all stakeholders aligned and informed.
- Develop and execute detailed processes and task lists; use best practices and tools to efficiently track, delegate, and ensure completion.
- Monitor project risks and develop/implement mitigation strategies in real time.
- Provide internal and external feedback to improve our ability to sell, scope, design, and execute projects; Improve our Project Playbook.
- Identify opportunities to deliver an even better experience for all stakeholders – homeowners, contractor-partners, suppliers, etc.
- Ensure our Project Management capabilities are world-class – effective, efficient, replicable, scalable, etc.
- Help to grow our Project Management team through hiring, training, and collaborating with other Project Managers.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing projects in residential HVAC, Energy, or a related industry with demonstrated success.
- A business generalist – capable of handling a wide range of situations and conversations, engaging with customers, negotiating with contractors, problem solving with suppliers, and developing and operationalizing processes.
- You have a toolkit of project management skills and are passionate for continuous improvement in operations.
- You’re passionate about changing the world via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a genuine self-starter; you get stuff done and promptly.
- You’re outgoing, warm, and feel confident chatting with new people.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You know a little about a lot – Energy, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Business, Finance, Operations, etc.
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities.
- You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of or interest in building science
- Technical or engineering background
- Being part of an early stage startup – and all the fun that entails!
- Health insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- Pay commensurate with experience
- $60 – 100k