Location: Denver Metro Area
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we burn fossil fuels in our homes to keep them comfortable. There is a better way, and massive change is imminent.
Elephant Energy is your one-stop shop to a climate-friendly home. We make it easy for homeowners to upgrade to clean, safe, and affordable technologies and upgrades for their homes and vehicles.
We are growing quickly, supported by ever-increasing demand from customers looking to play a role in the climate transition, and a strong tailwind from the Inflation Reduction Act.
We’re building a high energy, creative, and ambitious team. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we define a new category – climate-friendly homes. We are hiring a Marketing Manager to help us continue to educate and empower homeowners to make the transition to cleaner, healthier, and safer living.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing a marketing strategy to grow Elephant Energy’s brand awareness and customer base by improving the quality/value of our owned and paid media, and in turn driving lead generation. If you are part strategist, part content creator, this is the job for you.
This is a hybrid-remote role. Our office is in Broomfield, CO – the midpoint between Boulder and Denver. We’re looking for a candidate who is local to the Front Range or willing to relocate to the area so that this individual can collaborate with our team in-person, easily speak with customers, and create custom content. This role reports directly into our Head of Special Projects.
Develop and execute marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels, including email, social, paid media, SEO, blog, etc.
- Establish positioning for Elephant Energy’s target audience of climate-curious homeowners
- Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to iterate and grow our marketing plans
- Help develop creative briefs to guide creative direction to meet objectives for all public-facing communications, including PR, social, digital, print, and video assets
- Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal and external partner support
Optimize and grow our owned media channels and develop a community program through content creation and communication management
- Develop themes and large concepts for social media platforms, email, newsletter, and blogs (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TickTok, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc)
- Own content calendar with insight from leadership
- Collaborate with internal marketing resources and external copywriters and designers to create content to be used on owned media platforms
- Upload posts to all social media accounts using scheduling tool
- Stay up to date with relevant trends and viral content on TikTok and Instagram.
- Research and identify influencers who align with our brand values and target audience.
- Interact with Elephant Energy customer base, the climate-curious community, and followers on all channels, even unowned
- Foster meaningful connections by engaging owned followers with responses and reactions
- Write and publish original content specifically for native formats of social channels
- Work with Head of Special Projects and CMO to hone and define Elephant Energy’s tone and voice, ensuring that it is executed consistently across all channels
- Collaborate with PR consultants to generate meaningful opportunities for press coverage
Own Elephant Energy’s paid search and social advertising efforts, KPIs, and paid roadmap to support our growth goals.
- Hone our paid digital marketing strategy to align with our customer journey goals, converting and nurturing leads through the funnel
- Ensure timely campaign execution, correct budget allocations, and campaign optimization efforts
- Own the experimentation and A/B testing strategy of our paid media programs. Continuously optimize the effectiveness and performance of our digital marketing channels.
- Collaborate with vendor partners on the creation of ads, videos, and landing pages that drive awareness and lead activation
Conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency in brand messaging.
- Proficient in current social media trends and platforms and passionate about social media and community management.
- Solid familiarity with lead generation techniques and tools.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt voice and tone for different platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with our online community effectively.
- Eye for design and familiarity with Photoshop or Figma for creating visually appealing content.
- Video editing skills (light editing) would be a valuable bonus, although not required.
An ideal candidate for this role has 3-7 years of experience with strong marketing, content, and commercial skills. We’re looking for someone who is equal parts strategic, creative, detail oriented—and has the ability to manage/execute multiple projects at once. We are a lean and nimble team. This person must be an ambitious self-starter and relentless problem-solver with a can-do attitude (no task is too big – or small). Start up, climate, and/or consumer experience is a plus.
Benefits / Perks
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People driven culture
- Pay commensurate with experience; Salary range $60k – 90k
- Stock / Equity options