Head of Operations
The way we heat/cool our homes, power our vehicles, and cook our meals is antiquated: we take for granted that we use fossil fuels in homes to keep them comfortable and healthy. There is a better way.
Elephant Energy is a venture-funded business, building a next generation home comfort & electrification platform that helps homeowners get clean, safe, and affordable technologies for their homes and vehicles. We are growing quickly, supported by the ever increasing demand from customers for more comfortable homes. This is an exciting opportunity to join at the ground floor and shape how we deploy home comfort and home electrification.
The Heat of Operations will be responsible for building and managing our project delivery platform to unlock the future of Climate Friendly Homes.
To succeed at Elephant Energy, you must be energetic, organized, and hard working. You have a passion for building and making things better. You will be accountable for the success of internal and external projects. You embrace a team ethic and are capable of being self-directed to solve challenging problems to ensure a successful customer journey.
Location: Denver Metro Area
As Head of Operations you will:
Oversee the successful delivery of home electrification upgrades to unlock and unleash the future of climate friendly homes.
- You are accountable for the entire project delivery platform: the project management team, the customer journey (post contract execution), supply chain, vetted installer-partner network, and the success or failure of the projects.
- Own and improve our Project Delivery roadmap: work directly with homeowners, installer-partners, and our internal teams to deeply understand problems and own the continuous improvement of project manager efficiency and customer success.
- Work closely with management to develop and execute on corporate strategy objectives.
- Build and deploy!
About You (General Requirements):
- 5+ years experience in project management (offline, physical infrastructure projects).
- AND 2-4 years experience managing a project management team.
- You have a strong project delivery toolkit including rigorous KPI-driven project management frameworks and tools, and you’re ruthless about managing to those KPIs.
- TCO lens: you evaluate and make decisions based on not just what is the right cost to pay today, but what is the Total Cost of Ownership over the entire project delivery function.
- You have strong interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills to build relationships with, influence, and mentor staff, management, and customers.
- You have a proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a startup environment continually striving to improve business operations, processes and procedures.
- You’re a fast learner who holds yourself to high expectations (and meets them).
- You adhere to realistic timelines and are an expert at managing competing priorities.
- You appreciate the importance of giving and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- You’re a builder, a go-getter, a genuine self-starter; you get stuff done and promptly.
- You can deal with and manage significant levels of ambiguity, appropriate to our startup realities.
- You’re passionate about changing the world via home comfort and clean, energy-efficient technology.
- You have a commitment to building a diverse, equitable workplace and seek to make our company more inclusive.
Nice to Have (Pluses):
- Experience working in residential construction and managing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc trades.
- Experience directly managing installer-partners and helping them improve their businesses and project delivery capabilities.
- Experience with residential electrification.
- Experience growing project delivery capabilities across a team 10x.
- Ground floor opportunity with high growth potential
- Generous benefits package including Health Care and 401K
- Stock / Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO) / Open vacation policy
- Remote work
- Start Up environment
- People driven culture
- Pay commensurate with experience; Salary range $120k – 150k
- Stock / Equity options