Our mission is to empower more people to design better spaces. We hope you'll consider joining us.
Meet Canoa, a new way to bring designs to life.
Canoa isn't a deck, a doc or a downloaded software. It's a web-based tool built for the way designers want to design spaces: playfully, precisely, and together with their teams. Canoa's platform lets users unleash their ideas in an infinite collaborative canvas and share those ideas with others, in a simple and elegant way. Faster and more informed decisions are the result of limitless product data and industry-first AI tools that assist in discovery.
We're a multi-disciplinary, diverse team and we're excited to add new team members who add to that diversity. Wherever you're from, whoever you love, whatever your skin color - we're into it. Please apply.
This is a unique opportunity to fill a fun and challenging role using cutting edge technology within a young, funded startup. We are seeking a talented Data Scientist to join our team and contribute to our mission of empowering more people to design better spaces. As a Data Scientist at CANOA, you will play a crucial role in growing and enriching our catalog of products with high quality data. You will report directly to the CTO and work alongside our creative team to onboard new brands to our platform as quickly as possible.
We believe this is a great opportunity for a talented person to make a significant contribution to our tech while getting a chance to experiment with some of the up and coming technology in the world of data science.
The team currently organizes itself following a lightweight Agile process and is responsible for its own planning and internal organization. We are a fully remote company and this is a remote job.
Some of the things you might work on include
- Harvest data from e-commerce websites
- Train ML models to enrich product data with metadata that are then used to power our searching and filtering experience
- Help find duplicates and cleanup our dataset
- Setup processes and routines to cleanup data directly coming from manufacturers
- Identify key routines that would benefit all our users and help integrate it to our core platform
What we value
- Proactive attitude
- Self-driven management
- Open and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with other team members remotely
- Strong background in data science, including experience with data analysis, machine learning, and statistical modeling.
- Proficiency in programming languages commonly used in data science, such as Python or R.
- Experience with data manipulation and cleaning techniques.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries.
Our tech stack
- Python + FastAPI (SQL Alchemy, Alembic, Starlette, Pydantic)
- Postgres as a DB
- Huggingface and Lightning AI for ML applications
- React for the Front end with multiplayer managed through Liveblocks
We have a classic multistep interview process that we run remotely, so no in-person meetings are required. Most of the time, the whole process takes about 3 weeks and is made of the following steps:
- Intake phone call - 15 minutes
- Call with the CTO to establish technical fit, you’ll also get a demo of our platform - 30 minutes
- [Take home assignment, should not take more than 4h to complete]
- Long form interview split into a product discovery and scoping exercise and a second section of technical questions following up on your take home assignment - 2 hours
- Interview Us - This is your chance to meet a team member in another function of the company to get any remaining questions about Canoa answered - 30 minutes
- Meet the CEO - 15 minutes